Have a head cold or flu? A sore throat? Nausea? A hangover? I’ve got you. This soothing cold relief infusion will ease a sore throat, cough, and congestion using all natural ingredients. I’ve been using it for years when I’m sick and it never fails! I use it so often that I couldn’t NOT share it with all of you.
Now I am NOT a doctor and this is NOT medicine or any replacement for medical treatment, and of course if you are sick, you should see a medical professional. Now that we’ve got that out of the way, this drink can help ease your symptoms aside from any other treatment you might need.
This infusion works because it combines common ingredients that are anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Some have evidence that they may inhibit the growth of cancer cells, relieve joint pain, or block bacteria growth. (Sources: Healthline, Nutrition Facts, Dr. Axe)
I’ve never been more grateful for globalization because none of these ingredients are native to the United States either. They come from the Indian subcontinent (turmeric, lemons), Southeast Asia (ginger, cinnamon), Brazil (cayenne pepper), Central Asia (apples), and North Africa (honey). This is just one example of how we all benefit from the interconnected world that we live in. (Source: Wikipedia)
What happens when you put all these ingredients together? Magic!! It might not cure you but you will definitely feel better after making this drink.
This recipe is:
- High in anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant ingredients
- Easy to customize to your liking…measurements are totally flexible to your taste. Add more or less of each to your liking!
- Uses everyday ingredients
- Easy to make vegan (substitute the honey for maple syrup)
- Relieves cold and flu symptoms
Soothing Ginger Lemon Cold Relief Infusion
<10 minutes, recipe is for 1 regular-sized mug. Adapted from Oh She Glows Hot Detox Tonic.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 slice lemon
- 2 slices fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (vegan sub: maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 – 1 pinch teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Boil the water on a stovetop.
Prepare everything else in a mug. While your water is boiling, prepare everything else. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make each ingredient as strong or as mild as you’d like. Fresh ginger, for example, can be quite strong but I love it (and it’s good for your cold!) But if it’s too much for you, just reduce it.
Finish the infusion. Pour boiling water into your cup and stir until everything is dissolved. Enjoy and feel better!